Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Progress 04 - How about an arm and a leg?

So today I was watching two tutorials which handle the problem with drawing extremities. Long story short: I decided to put that on hold since I have no mentionable experience with faces which are one of the most important eye-catchers in manga or anime.

Especially today it wasn't easy for me because I'm still fighting with the relaxation from todays visit at the spa. Basically I'm sleepy but since it's 9:30 pm right now there's no point in thinking about the bed. So all of the left energy went in today's drawing. Which was not much.

I stumbeled upon a tutorial which handles big eyes (by TheBloodyMermaid):



The result:



The eyes didn't come out that well and the hair is a mess.

I'm not really confident with free drawing, you can see that pretty well when looking closely on the outlines.
You can observe that aswell looking at the hair structure. Sometimes they're thicker, sometimes thinner.That's because I don't draw the lines in one go but instead draw them again and again until the result is halfway acceptable.

For my current level though: I think it's okay. I hope that I can present a completely self-drawn picture in the near future. I could consider that as a test what I've learned so far.

Jikane

No comments:

Post a Comment