Thursday, July 14, 2016

Progress 05 - No tutorial?

They say that if you were asked a question, the chances are high that what comes up to your mind first is right.
I was about to browse youtube when I suddenly stopped the attempt. I thought that the "test" I might do be done at this very moment.

Mentioning that I struggle with trying to imitate the tutorial as best as I can, I thought I might give it a shot spontaniously. What can go wrong? A bad drawing? Sure - and practice.


This time I didn't start with a circle and positioning the mouth, the eyes, etc. I tried to draw it as fast as I could ending up feeling more confident about what I've learned so far.

The lines went more smoothly and I forgot everything arount me. You need to know that I smoke a lot of cigarettes, but even that was completely out of my mind.
If there's something that distracts you from this kind of habit it must be worth it.

The most important thing: it was lots of fun!

So here it is, the comments are below:



I brought up the contrast a little bit so you can see my lines more clearly. The scans before weren't edited much, but realizing I couldn't see much myself I might keep it that way a bit further.

Please don't ask me what I was thinking during the hair - as I mentioned: pretty much nothing. Considering I did it freehanded the hair is the only thing I might rise my righ eyebrow .. in dispair.

Oh well, it's all about practice.

Jikane

No comments:

Post a Comment